Thursday, March 3, 2011

Things I didn't know to ask

After today's freak out of realizing that I have no idea what my mom's favorite meal was... I started thinking of all the other things that I didn't know I'd want to ask... until I couldn't.

Here are a few things that sprang to mind...
  • What was her recipe for Chex Mix?  I mean I know she left out the onion powder... but what did she add instead?
  • What did she want to be when she grew up?  When she was a little girl, did she dream of being a nurse or teacher or actress?  I know she wanted to be a wife and mom... but did she feel like she settled?
  • What was her favorite vacation?  Was it one we went on together... or one that she and Dad got to go on alone.
  • If she could have gone anywhere else.... where would it have been?  I know Hawaii was the last state she hadn't seen... but would she have picked going there over going someplace else?
  • If she won a million dollars in the lottery... what would be the first thing she bought?
  • How did she hold steady enough to put on liquid eyeliner?
  • How did she always know just what I needed... even if I didn't?
  • Where did she buy Dad's sleeveless crewneck t-shirts... because I can't find them and he's driving me crazy looking!
I'm sure there will be a million more things I need to know... a million more times that I wish I could pick up the phone.... and realize that whatever it is...I won't be able to ask her...

No comments:

Post a Comment