Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sealed with Love

They started arriving one day last week, the day I attended the funeral of my friend's father to be precise.

Envelopes from all over the country... each with a number on them.

"Save the envelopes!" they said.

Number 5 came first,

Then 7 and 9...

Number 4 was a few days later.

They weren't in any "order"

They just arrived, each one with a note with just one phrase inside.  It took a day or two... but I started to understand a little about what was happening, and I once again started to look forward to getting the mail.

Once they were all here... and rearranged...these 11 envelopes....and then one beautiful picture frame... their message was easy to read if you could see through the tears.
  1. A mother's love is something that no one can explain
  2. It is made of deep devotion, and of sacrifice and pain
  3. It is endless and unselfish and enduring come what may
  4. For nothing can destroy it or take that love away...
  5. It is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking
  6. And it never fails or falters even though the heart is breaking....
  7. It believes beyond believing when the world around condemns
  8. And it glows with all the beauty of the rarest, brightest gems...
  9. It is far beyond defining, it defies all explanation
  10. and it still remains a secret like the mysteries of creation...
  11. A many splendoured miracle man cannot understand
  12. And another wondrous evidence of God's tender guiding hand.
I think the beautiful women who wrote those notes, sealed them and then sent them my way are more evidence of God's existence! 

Meeting them was just a random thing... but without that "randomness" that wasn't so random to God... I've been able to survive the last few days, weeks, months, and years...

2 comments:

  1. Love you friend, and will be here for you as long as you let me. Hope with our support we can get you through those tough times and be there with you through the great times. I love you and am so grateful to have you in my life! BTW- Thanks for making me cry!

    ReplyDelete