Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I laid in bed last night looking at Baby Courtlynn, partially still in awe that she is here.  The other part though was just trying to imagine what she was going to look like when she got older, and wonder what her personality would be like.  Will she be blond like Keegers?  Will she have Daddy's blue eyes... or will she be my Brown Eyed Girl?  Will her coloring be like Suttie Joe's?  Will she be as sneaky and stuborn as her brothers?

I wonder what she will be like as a toddler, a little girl, a teen.  I wonder what her interests will be, what will she be good at, what will she love?  What will she be?  Who will she love?

It's not just Courtlynn... I wonder this about all my babies. 

Keegan looks exactly the same today at age 4 as he did at 4 weeks.  Suttie and Baby Coutylynn change from moment to moment.  I can't imagine ever not looking at them with this same mix of curiosity and awe.

I wonder how often my mom looked at all of us the same way.  I wonder if we turned out to be who she thought we would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment