Thursday, November 20, 2014

Once a Mother....

Tonight's conversation with my Mom. in. my. head.

"Finally went to Quick Care.  She said I have Sinusitis and an ear infection"
"Oh my goodness.  You need to make sure you get that taken care of!  Do you remember when you were in Riley?  That girl that was in there for Sinusitis?  Her face was swollen up so much it looked like she had a baseball in her tear duct. Do you remember that? That poor girl.  You don't want to end up like that poor girl do you?"
 "No Mom, I don't want to end up like her.  I already took my prescription and got the other stuff the doctor recommended."
And that ear infection.  Do you remember me telling you about (insert some random relative of a person I'm sure I've heard her talk about but can't place for the life of me)'s ear?  Her ear actually (did some horribly obscure thing that only happens on Mystery's of the ER" 
"Well of course I don't want that to happen Mother.  That sounds horrible." 
"Did you take some Tylenol?  I have Extra Strength Tylenol.  Want me to bring you some this weekend?  Have you gargled saltwater?  You need to get that water as hot as you can stand and get the salt in it..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment