Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dreams

My first clue that it was a dream should have been that I was wearing lipstick.

The second clue should have been when I entered some sort of Goblet of Fire maze on a ferry boat.

The third one should have been when it turned really violent.

But those didn't wake me up or clue me in to the fact that I was having a Craaaazy dream.

The clue that got me though was that it was Mom in the center of the maze.  In a dark, dank, bathroom putting on her own lipstick.  And doing a really poor job of it.

"You know you're dead, right?" I said to her...

"Yeah, I know.  But I didn't know if anyone else knew it." She replied.

"You have to go now" I told her... "you can't be here."



And then she was gone and I was awake.




I spent the next hour panicked.

She's visited in my dreams only a couple of times.  

What if in telling her to go, I sent her away for good.

I tried to get back to sleep, back to that place.

But the place was gone and so was she.

and now I'm left fearing she won't come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment