Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Grandma's Hands.


This is one of my favorite pictures.  Not just because today is Baby Owen's first birthday... and it's fun to see how big he's gotten and how much he's changed... but because of what else is going on in this picture.

A year ago today, Grandma Cindy was there to welcome and huggle her newest grandbaby.  I love this picture for that reason.  I love that we see my Mom's hands holding little Oh Oh's hand in his first few hours.

I love it because I know that it's what she's still doing.  I know that with whatever issues/concerns/complications we have going on with this pregnancy, it doesn't matter.  We aren't alone.  She's still right there with us, holding our hands. 

And I know she will keep holding this little one's hands... long after he or she arrives here safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment